Request for Proposal (RFP)
Fair Haven Community Health Clinic, Inc. (FHCHC), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is seeking proposals to perform the Agency annual financial audit for the fiscal year beginning 7/1/2022 and ending 6/30/2023.
Proposals from women and minority owned businesses are encouraged.
Timeline of the RFP:
04/06/2023 – Release of RFP Documents
04/21/2023 – Proposals must be received by 12:00PM Eastern Time at the Administrative Offices of Fair Haven Community Health Clinic, Inc.
374 Grand Avenue, New Haven, CT 06513
Attention: Amy Trimani, VP of Finance
Electronic proposals are preferred, but may be in hard copy, if received by the deadline stated. For electronic proposals, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
05/19/2023 – Award Contract
The audit engagement will cover the following:
1. Preparation of the financial statements of FHCHC, which comprise the statement of financial position as of June 30, 2023, the related statements of activities, and cash flows for the year then ended, and the related notes to the financial statements. In addition, preparation of the functional expenses for the current and prior year period for comparison purposes. Please also include consideration for subsequent two fiscal years (June 30, 2024 and June 30, 2025).
2. FHCHC financial activity as a recipient of grant funds from all Federal, State, and private funding sources for the period 7/1/2022 to 6/30/2023, and subsequent two fiscal years.
3. Assurance that supplementary information accompanying the financial statements will be subjected to the auditing procedures applied in the audit of the financial statements and certain additional procedures, including comparing and reconciling such information directly to the underlying accounting and other records used to prepare the financial statements or to the financial statements themselves, in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America. In addition, assurance that the firm will provide an opinion on it in relation to the financial statements as a whole, in a report combined with our auditor’s report on the financial statements: 1) schedule of expenditures of Federal awards. 2) schedule of expenditures of State awards.
4. If appropriate, preparation of a management recommendation letter outlining how FHCHC can improve both internal accounting controls and administrative controls and compliance with applicable State and Federal requirements.
5. Preparation of FHCHC’s and FHCHC Support Corporation’s Federal and State information returns (including any necessary extensions to be filed) for the year ended June 30, 2023, and subsequent two fiscal years as well as, 990T for two LLCs (to be dissolved in FY23).
6. On-line submission and preparation of the June 30, 2023 and subsequent two fiscal years single audit reporting package.
7. Preparation of FHCHC’s annual 403B audit, and timely completion in concert with 403B broker, of the subsequent 5500 filing for the same periods.
8. Field work will begin in the month of August and will be completed within a six (6) week time period, provided that FHCHC has provided all the necessary documentation requested during the on-site visit.
9. A meeting with FHCHC’s Audit Committee will be required prior to the start of fieldwork to ascertain any concerns or questions from the Committee or staff.
10. A draft of the audit and any findings or concerns will be presented to the FHCHC Audit Committee by mid-October.
11. Final presentation to the Board of Directors will be made by a representative of the chosen firm in the month of November, typically on the third Wednesday evening of the month.
1. Proposed Fees must include all costs for the project. Administrative expenses (postage, printing, etc. must be capped at $1,000). In addition to fiscal year-end June 30, 2023, please also include fees for the subsequent two fiscal years, for a total of three years.
2. Proposals should include:
• a copy of the most recent Peer Review
• the names, address, contact person, and telephone numbers of prior organizations audited over the past two years, of which at least three (3) should be non-profits. Please also note:
o how many of the organizations are healthcare, specifically
o if any are FQHCs and how many FQHCs are current clients.
• qualifications of personnel to be assigned
• the proposed audit management structure, including number of staff during field work and location of field work (onsite, remote, etc.)
• (if any) experience with audits of FQHCs that have:
o formal fundraising / capital campaigns,
o new market tax credit transactions (NMTC),
o internal pharmacy and 340B. If so, please provide experience with internal inventory valuation.,
o implemented ASC 842. Please also provide experience with leasing software(s), either purchased or homegrown.,
• ability to complete the audit within the timeline outlined,
• format available for retrieving data – e.g. onsite hard copies, digitally, established web-based portal, etc.,
• potential to prepare and submit Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports for Agency, including no cost/low cost sites.
3. Proposals must be valid for up to 90 days, during which the determination of the bid documents is being reviewed.
4. The Firm is responsible for conducting necessary research, visiting the site and becoming familiar with the organization as necessary. A copy of the most recent financial audit will be provided, if requested. Questions and requests for documents should be made to email@example.com.
5. Proposals must include the ability, if requested, to meet with the FHCHC Audit Committee.
6. The selected firm will be required to enter into a contract with FHCHC. Additional contract conditions may be required, depending upon the nature and extent of the services to be provided. FHCHC reserves the right to negotiate a change or modification to any of the proposed contractual conditions.
RFP General Terms:
1. Acceptance of Proposal: FHCHC reserves the right to reject any and all proposals and to waive informalities, if, at its discretion, the interests of Fair Haven Community Health Clinic, Inc. will be best served thereby.
2. FHCHC reserves the right to accept other than the lowest cost proposal, and to negotiate the specified dollar amount, or any portion of that amount. FHCHC reserves the right to negotiate contract changes following the award.
3. If there is any conflict between these documents and the proposal, these documents shall control.
4. FHCHC reserves the right to cancel this RFP in writing or postpone the date and time for submitting proposals at any time prior to the proposal due date.
5. No proposer shall have a right to make a claim against FHCHC in the event FHCHC accepts a proposal or does not accept any proposals.
6. Nondiscrimination: Vendor will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual preference, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance or as a veteran.
7. Debarment and Suspension: The Contractor warrants and represents that neither it, nor its principals, employees or agents who would perform services under this RFP are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from participation by any Federal or State department or agency.