Family Support Services
Our integrated program provides both Behavioral Health and Medical Care for patients suffering from substance use disorders and is available at many of our Fair Haven CoOur Family Support Services are a key component of our holistic patient care, offering education, resource and counseling services as part of every patient’s good health plan. These services include: Care Coordination, Healthy Start, and Women, Infants and Children (WIC). See below for details on each program.
Fair Haven Community Health Care is a great place to get your medical, dental, and behavioral health care, but did you know that we can help you with getting other types of services and resources?
Care Coordinators can help individuals and families access lots of different support services that can make a difference in your day to day life. We can link you to community programs that can help you with the following:
- Basic Needs: food, clothing, shelter, transportation, bills
- Affordable Housing and problems with present housing situation
- Utilities: heat, water, electricity
- School and Special Education Services for children
- Children with Special Needs
- Legal Services and Immigration Services
- Help with state benefits: HUSKY, SNAP, WIC
- Employment Services
- Addiction Treatment
- Help with violent relationships
- Elderly Services
- Disability Services and Social Security
- Paying for your Medications
- Behavioral Health Treatment
- Eligibility for State Services: HUSKY, Medicaid, Medicare
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Fair Haven offers the state and federally subsidized Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) supplemental food program. WIC provides nutrition counseling and helps low-income mothers and their children buy nutritious foods. WIC helps low-income pregnant and postpartum women, and children up to age five, to buy the extra foods they need during pregnancy, infancy, and young childhood. Women and children must be low income and have a nutritional risk such as poor diet, low weight gain, or anemia in order to be eligible.
Learn more WIC and Connecticut eWic.