School Based Health Centers
What is a School Based Health Center?
Staffed with a nurse practitioner, an office manager, and clinical social worker, students can be seen by a provider for their medical and behavioral health care needs without leaving school during the school day. Receiving care from the School Based Health Center (SBHC) does not have to replace your child’s regular health care provider, but rather supplements your child’s health care team. The nurse practitioner and behavioral health clinician will work with the school nurse and your child’s primary care provider to give the best possible care to your child. SBHC staff share a developmental approach to pediatric and adolescent health, respecting the age, cultural values, and family life of every student.
New Haven School Based Health Centers
We offer medical and behavioral health services at Clinton Ave School, Columbus School, Fair Haven K-8 School, John S. Martinez School, and Wilbur Cross High School.
- To enroll in one of our New Haven School Based Health Centers, please fill out this online form. If you will like to view the form in another language, please use the translation feature on the top right of the page. See below for more details.
- To enroll online, click here for English and here for Spanish.
- To download an enrollment form, click here for English and here for Spanish.
- For an informational flyer about our services, click here for English and here for Spanish.
Flu Shot Information
As flu season approaches, we are happy to provide flu vaccinations at all of our school based health center locations.
- To fill out your flu form online, click here for English and here for Spanish
- To download the required release form, click here for English and here for Spanish.
School Based Dental Services
We offer on-site dental hygiene services at five schools in New Haven as part of the New Haven Public Schools’ Smile New Haven dental program. On site services are offered at Clinton Avenue School, Fair Haven K-8 School, John Martinez School, Family Academy of Multilingual Exploration (FAME) and Bishop Woods School.
Your School Health Center has a Dental Hygienist in the clinic to provide:
- Fluoride treatment
- Emergency care
- Dental education
We do not replace your child’s dentist! We are another option for your child to get needed oral health care at school. We offer oral health services at Bishop Woods School, Clinton Avenue School, John Martinez School, Fair Haven K8 School and F.A.M.E. School.