At Your Appointment
On the Day of Your Appointment
Please bring with you:
- Photo Identification
- A list of your medications you are taking (including any you need refilled)
- A list of questions for your care team
If it is your first appointment at Fair Haven, please also bring:
- Social security number, if applicable
- Proof of address
- A list of any medication, food, or other things you are allergic to
- Please allow plenty of time for parking.
- On your appointment day, please arrive 20 minutes early. This will allow time for checking in and any paperwork/registration.
- If you are late, we cannot guarantee the length of your visit.
What to expect
- Upon arrival, our welcoming front desk staff will check you in. They will ask you for identification, any paperwork and if you have insurance. Our front desk staff speak English and Spanish. Please let them know what language you prefer. Other languages are provided by an interpreter via telephone.
We will call you back to an exam room. For a medical visit, a member of your care team will check your vitals (blood pressure, height, weight, and temperature). She or he will confirm the reason for that day’s visit. For other types of care such as behavioral health, dental, and other specialties, you will be directed accordingly.
- After that, your provider will join you for your appointment. You can get the most out of your appointment by having notes on any symptoms and making sure you understand and agree with your provider’s care plan. This is a great time to ask any questions.
- You will be given directions about next steps for your care, and follow up appointment information, as necessary. All of these directions will also be printed out for you in your After Visit Summary.
- Please visit our Appointment/Check Out office before leaving. Your payment is due at the time of your visit. Be sure to look at our Payment Options to learn more about costs.
Important questions to ask your Health Care Team
We want you to be to be an active partner in your health care. At every appointment, we encourage you to ask these questions:
- What is my main problem?
- What do I need to do?
- Why is it important for me to do this?
If You Are Late for Your Appointment
If you are late, we cannot guarantee your visit.
For information on Cancelling or Missed Appointment, click here.