Becoming a Patient
First Time Patients
If you are new to Fair Haven Community Health Care, welcome! We are delighted to have you join the Fair Haven Family. We are committed to you and to becoming your medical home. Our patients have trusted us with their health care since 1971 and some families have been coming to us for four generations!
On your first visit to Fair Haven, please be prepared to fill out a registration form before your visit.
Information about making an appointment is here.
What To bring To Your Appointment
Please bring the items listed below to your first appointment:
- Photo Identification (any one (1) of the following documents: Passport, driver’s license, state ID or Elm City Residence Card)
- Social security number, if applicable
- A list of your medications (including any you need refilled)
- A list of any medication, food, or other things you are allergic to
- Insurance cards (primary and secondary, if applicable)
- Payment for services rendered. We accept checks, cash, debit/credit cards and/or money orders.
How to Pay
If you have insurance, please bring your health insurance card to every appointment.
If you do not have insurance, you will still receive the same great care Fair Haven patients have always received and we will arrange for you to have a financial screening with one of our Certified Insurance Counselors.
Please bring proof of family and/or individual income, as applicable, from the list below:
- Pay stubs
- Employer letter
- SSI/Disability benefits letter
- Unemployment benefit notification letter
- W-2 or 1040 tax return form
If you are unemployed and have no income source, we will ask you to complete a form about your financial situation.
We Speak Your Language
Interpreter and translation services are available to patients who do not speak English. Just let our staff know of your preferences.