Fair Haven Community Health Care offers behavioral health services for all ages: children, adolescents, and adults. The majority of our clinicians are bilingual in English and Spanish. We can also provide care for clients with other first languages using interpretive services.
We provide counseling at all our main locations (374 Grand Avenue, 50 Grand Avenue, East Haven, and Bella Vista). If your child is a student at the Wilbur Cross High School, John Martinez or Fair Haven K-8 schools, she or he can receive behavioral health care through our site school-based health centers.
We are experienced in treating a number of common conditions including:
- Anxiety disorders (such as: general anxiety, social anxiety, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Mild to moderate substance abuse
- For conditions that we do not treat or if a patient needs more intensive services, we offer assistance in referring people to the appropriate agencies in the greater New Haven area.
Behavioral Health Services
Our services include:
- Medication evaluations and medication management (when stabilized some clients will be managed on-going by their primary care provider)
- Short-term individual psychotherapy
- Group psychotherapy
- Screening and short-term therapy for substance abuse
- Referral assistance to other programs offering a higher level of care or other more specialized services if necessary
How to make an appointment:
You can speak with your primary care provider at any appointment about a behavioral health referral or call Denise Dean at 203-777-7411, x 5271, to receive information about these services and how to get connected for an appointment.